According to Realbuzz.com, here are the main benefits pilates...
- Improved posture (may even gain in height as spine is decompressed
- Excellent for aiding recovery from injury
- Greater self-confidence
- Better sleep
- Increases strength without adding muscular bulk
- Greater flexibility and joint mobility
- Improved co-ordination and balance
- Relief from back pain
- Relaxation and relief from stress
- General improvement in health and sense of well-being
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Prevention of or improvement in urinary incontinence
The last point is just too funny for words. I almost laughed myself incontinentAccording to Pilates4Runners: Integrating Pilates into your current running program can give you that extra edge. The exercises are specifically designed to enhance the biomechanics of the runner, increase flexibility, build strength and help reduce the risk for common injuries associated with running.
Hill reps at the Porsche garage in Westerton tonight. My favourite. There are two REAL hills to cover on each rep. There's nothing worse than a slight gradient that goes on and on. I prefer something you can sink you teeth in to. Namely because I was practically face down at the top. My pack were on for four reps (which average about 0.5 mile) over the hills. I felt up for a fifth set and dragged some of the guys along for the rides. It's funny watching the guys chase each other up the hills on the first few sets...and then die. I think they need some pacing advice.