Here are the rules and my reply.
- Tagging is easy. Just copy the following onto your post.
- The rules of the game are posted at the start of your blog post.
- In this case, I'm asking you five questions about running.
- Each player answers the five questions on their own blog.
- At the end of your post you tag five other people and post their names.
- Go to their blogs and leave a comment on their blogs telling them they've been tagged and to look at your blog for details.
- When they've answered the questions on their own blog, they come back to yours to tell you.
Non-existent. I was in my last year of uni and would have keeled over if anyone told I'd take up running. Let along long-distance running.
2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?
My two favourites are this year's London Marathon and last year's Devil o The Highlands. The Devils because although Sonic ran an amazing time, I was the one that went home with a trophy. Te he.
Worst experience was the 30 degree in Paris Marathon 2007. I was so out of it, I missed running past the Eiffel Tower. Other races I have erased from my mind are this year's Women's 10K and the big fat DNFs for the Great Scottish Run and Jedburgh half.
3. Why do you run?
Because I don't know how to stop.
It keeps my ass in one place.
All my friends are runners, so I'd be socially inept if I didn't.
I can't bare to tell my husband that I actually don't like it.
Folks in my office would die of shock if I responded differently to their annoying "you still running?" question.
Local running shops would go out of business.
Sports gels don't mix well with gin. And I've got a huge supply to go through.
And how else am I going to bore my dear readers to death?
4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?
Self belief is the key. Thanks, Sharon, for drumming that into my head. Sonic told me "to run how I feel", which takes the pressure of time/splits. In turn, you're relaxed and subsequently run faster.
I don't really think I've been given any bad advice. Everyone has their own opinions and ways of doing things. Whether you just take away a learning experience, there's still something gained.
5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
I've got one ear that's bigger than the other.
I have a dolphin tattoo and a piercing on my navel.
I bit my tongue off when I was three.
I'm terrified of cockroaches and falling.
I think marzipan is pure evil - Sara please no marzipan cakes.
I will never understand football or have any idea what's going on in Heroes/Lost/Dr Who.
My life will be complete when I have a walk-in wardrobe.
I've yet to clean out the inside of my car - which I bought in December.
I drink far too much juice and have to pee about five times a night!
Probably sharing a bit too much. But if I can't write about running...
I'm a bit at the coo's tail with this one, so most of the bloggers I know have been tagged. I'm tagging...Rachel and Davie Hall .